- (Thessaloniki, 29/09/17) A Tale of Two Cities: Referenda in Catalunya and Erbil 30th September 2017
- A Spectre is haunting Europe; but not the one you may think 27th September 2017
- Cameron’s Folly: Libya, and the importance of looking forward 20th September 2016
- NATO, Libya and when ‘support’ is nothing of the sort… 6th July 2016
- The 10,000: the bitter result of our failure on refugees 14th June 2016
Tag Archives: Libyan
Last summer, I discussed the situation in Syria with a young Syrian man who was working to deliver aid to the people of Aleppo. We spoke via Skype on a Thursday afternoon, concluding our conversation at 5.30pm UK time, (7.30pm Syrian time), and promising to speak again on Saturday (the Syrian ‘weekend’ being Friday, the day on which people attend Mosque).