- (Thessaloniki, 29/09/17) A Tale of Two Cities: Referenda in Catalunya and Erbil 30th September 2017
- A Spectre is haunting Europe; but not the one you may think 27th September 2017
- Cameron’s Folly: Libya, and the importance of looking forward 20th September 2016
- NATO, Libya and when ‘support’ is nothing of the sort… 6th July 2016
- The 10,000: the bitter result of our failure on refugees 14th June 2016
Tag Archives: sub-Saharan Africa
In the last week, 1,100 people have drowned in the Mediterranean. There are no circumstances under which that fact can be ‘massaged’ into acceptability. No situation in which one can rationalise away the mass drowning of human beings, perhaps by asking questions about who they were, and what they were doing on the boats that led them to their deaths.